This is a collection of all those little and large genius moments you get. You know what I'm talking about, when you've spent hours searching the internet for a solution, but no one quite knows the while answer. Then you crack it and feel like you've accomplished lifting a mountain from your path.
I had the below error when I installed a Wordpress Plugin for a site I am working on.
The plugin generated 228 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.
After having done quite a bit of work on the site already, I decided to see what the problem could be.
If you read the link below it'll give you a comprehensive answer, but my short and sweet version is:
The <?php ?> open or closed tags are missing in the main php file for the plugin.
Ever had the problem where special prices are appearing on products, but you haven't set one up.
This problem is usually because you've setup a promotional code and either set it as inactive, active, or even deleted it, but then missed the step of APPLY CODES, this then applies all the new codes and removes the old ones.
To setup promotional codes, have a look at the link below, but the keypoints are:
Conditions set the products that the eligible for the promo
Actions are what are applied
I usually duplicate the conditions in the actions settings as well.
In order to apply promo codes to specific products you need to change the setting to allowed for the 'use in promo codes' in the attribute settings.
click here for the original website relating to Promocodes
The recently viewed products that you had working previously have all of a sudden stopped appearing. This problem has hit me several times over the last year and each time I have had to rediscovered the solution. So this time I have decided to blog it so I don't forget.
The recently viewed products have disappeared, or they have stopped appearing.
This usually happens when you have either added, removed or sometimes even modified a product. The SOLUTION is to re-index all of the indexes. If that doesn't work, then flush all the caches. After that if it still doesn't work, use everyone's good friend Google (there are other search engines available also).